COLOMBO (News 1st): State minister Ashok Abeysinghe has announced that operations at all state institutions will continue in their normal capacity.
The holidays which were given for today (22) and tomorrow (23) apply only for State universities, government schools and private schools.
Meanwhile, the government analyst has confirmed that the explosions at the three churches and three hotels are suicide attacks.
The curfew imposed yesterday (21) was lifted at 6 am today.
Easter Sunday attack: Aftermath
- Total death toll: 290
- Injured: 500
- Arrested: 24 (being questioned by CID)
- Katuwapitiya Church
- Kochikade Church
- Church in Batticaloa
- Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel, Colombo
- Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo
- Schools and Universities remain closed
- Government examinations postponed
- Colombo Stock Exchange is not open for trading until further notice.
Deceased foreign nationals at the National Hospital
- 3 from India
- 1 from Portugal
- 2 from Turkey
- 3 from the UK
- 2 holding US and UK nationalities
- 9 foreign nationals reported missing
- 25 unidentified bodies believed to be foreigners
- 19 injured
Special Investigation Committee to be appointed by President Maithripala Sirisena within the next 24 hours to investigate causes and background for the attack.